p. 3. Key purposes of schools
·
Intellectual
·
Political and civil
·
Economic
·
Social
p. 7. Good teacher are knowledgeable about
subject area, collaborate with other staff, oranised, and adaptable to new
school policies and new technologies and have a sound understanding f the needs
of their students.
Website useful for TL’s http://www.sldirectory.com/
p. 12. “The web can be used as a resource
which provides students with mediated sites, which have been vetted by the
teacher…The value of this type of mediation is that sites are selected for
particular local purposes and to suit the learning needs of particular groups
of students.” For this to be successful the teacher needs to be an effective
searcher themselves.
p. 13. Inquiry based teaching is the key to
successful education.
• Knowledge - remembering or recognising something previously
encountered without necessarily understanding, using, or changing it.
• Comprehension - understanding the material being communicated without
necessarily relating it to anything else.
• Application - using general concept to solve a particular problem.
• Analysis - breaking something down into parts.
• Synthesis - creating something new by combining different ideas.
•
Evaluation - judging the
value of materials or methods as they might be applied in a particular
situation
Pardoe, D. (2009). Towards successful
learning: Introducing a model for supporting and guiding successful learning
and teaching in schools. 2nd ed., London: Continuum International.(Ebook in
CSU Library).
p. 49. Pollard and Tann in above say:
“Learning can be considered as the processes which skills, attitudes, knowledge
and concepts are acquired and understood, applied and used, or advanced and
extended.it should not be confused with a mere completion of tasks.”
Pritchard, A. (2009). Ways of learning:
Learning theories and learning styles in the classroom. 2nd ed., Abingdon,
Routledge.
Contents page:
1. Learning
2. Behaviourism and the
beginnings of theory
3. Cognitive, constructivist learning -- 4. Multiple
intelligences
5. Learning styles
6. Difficulties with learning
7. Brain-based learning and other new understanding
8. Relating theory to
practice: what can we learn from research? Appendix. Comparing and contrasting
Piaget and Vygotsky: in summary
Forum posting:
Activity 1:
I must admit when I saw the names of Bloom, Piaget and Vygotsky,
I remember how much I disliked learning about them 15 years ago. I am pleased
that now that I have some teaching experience I understand them more and how
the deeper order thinking skills are essential for student learning.
On a side note, I like the change of name from synthesis and
evaluation (http://gaeacoop.org/dalton/publications/new_bloom.pdf
p. 2) to evaluate and create, as it is more user friendly. I also found it interesting
that they have changed the order and placed create last. I guess being able to
create something shows a greater understanding of the learning objective.
Activity 2:
Sources of Information
·
Interactive website for use on
the whiteboard about what makes a rainforest and looks at the key elements required
for a rainforest to be classed as rainforest
·
Map showing where in the world
rainforests grow (poster or website or both would assist students to understand
what rainforests need to grow)
·
Website (preferably
interactive) describing and showing pictures of the different types of trees
and animals that live and grow in the rainforest and how they are integral to
each other and the rainforest ecosystem.
No comments:
Post a Comment