Sunday, 29 July 2012

Print and Electronic Resources


Reference Materials
·      I think the term reference material is more than the “reference “ section in the library. Reference material is all over the net and students need to be taught how to find reliable internet references.

Wikipedia
·      As a definitive source of information I don’t think it is always reliable and would not use it as a reference for an assignment but is good as a starting point.

Dictionaries
·      Primary students still need dictionaries, especially lower primary (like the Oxford Dictionary) as they are still developing the skills to learn what is a reliable source and what is not. Secondary students would be fine using online dictionaries

Summary
·      I think the difficulty of online reference material is the reliability or information and also the bombardment of information. I felt that many of the atlas sites I found was full of information and ads and that it was hard to focus on what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment