Friday, 18 May 2012

ETL 504 Reflections

I have just (well 5 days ago!) handed in my second assignment for this subject. Although I found aspects of this subject more interesting than I anticipated I am very pleased it is over. After just scrapping a pass on the first assignment I am hoping for the same with this assignment. I found it very hard to write a vision statement for a hypothetical setting.  I used the previous school I worked in as a basis but still found it unreal and very hard to motive myself to write the assignment.  I also found it incredibly difficuly to find appropriate references for this assignment and to write it in third person. 

I am even more certain that before that the purpose of a library and all (well most I hope) teachers is to educate their students to help them reach their potential. One quote that I did find useful was from the ACARA website (http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/GeneralCapabilities/General%20capabilities.pdf) that "all students should become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens." I think that as long as we have the best interests our students in mind we are on the right track!

Here’s to a pass for the assignment and therefore the subject …. I really don’t want to do it again! Next subject I need to blog more:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment