Monday, 27 August 2012

Web 2.0


Before I began this subject I had no idea what Web 2.0 was…I feel like I am learning so much. Here are some of my thoughts.

Blogs
Uses:
·      Great way to inform and share with students
·      Love the thought of replacing newsletter and letters that go home, however some parents may not look and would miss vital information
·      Facilitate discussion amongst students
·      Listing of useful websites for extension, support or interest

Wiki
Uses
·      Students, teachers and parents can contribute to the wiki.
·      Teachers (or students) can provide links to useful websites
·      Facilitate discussions amongst students
·      Parents can see what there child is learning about

Social Bookmarking
·      Love the idea of digital highlights and sticky notes on webpages you are using


Addition Reading
I really enjoyed watching Allanah King’s youTube video, (http://www1.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=1851).
·      I thought it provided some really simple but useful ideas for using Web 2.0 with primary students.
·      I Iove the name COW (computers on wheels)
·      Blogging monitors…great idea in younger classes
·      Podcast (through Garage Band)
·      What’s happening
·      Book reviews
·      Students work
·      Whole class podcasts

No comments:

Post a Comment