Monday, 5 March 2012

TL as Leader

Im slowing making my way through this first module and am still finding the whole topic of leadership something that doesn't overly interest me. And having no internet for 3 days made studying rather difficult! Anyway here's my thought in regards to the first module TL as Leader.

As a person who doesn't like to be up the front and leading discussions, let alone anything of importance, I was pleased to read in the Donham article that an important role of the TL is to "Lead from the middle" (2005, p. 301). Im beginning to think that this is such as importance aspect of the TL as most TL don't enter the profession to become leaders, being a leader is a by product! 
Another aspect that I thought important for not only TL's but also for teachers and in fact anyone who wants to improve an area of their life is the importance of reflection and asking yourself on a  regular basis the following four questions:
1. What did I learn today?
2. Whom did I nurture?
3. What challenge did I confront today?
4. How did I make a positive difference today? (Donham, 2005, p. 303)

I'll finish with a couple of quotes that is food for thought:
“Even if I have a misfortune, I thank God, then determine how I can turn he disadvantage into an advantage.” Clement Stone. (Stretton, 2000, p. 18)

"No individual has all the skills–and certainly not the time–to carry out all the complex tasks of contemporary leadership." John Gardner, On Leadership  (Davidson, 2002).


References 









No comments:

Post a Comment